
Alana and Samuel love school. It is big, nearly 600 kids and with them being so used to a smaller, almost semi-rural school of Balaclava, we really wondered how they would cope. But, to our great delight they love it which is such a blessing. It is Samuel's first move. However, for Alana it is her thrid primary school and while she really misses her Dunedin friends she has managed very well.
The school is in Otago Colours - one block dedicated to the 'Blue and Gold!' thanks to ex-Otagoite, Bruce, the school's principal. If you look closely you will also see that the windows are deliberately off square!

The kids most favourite place at school is the amazing tyre
playground - it was designed by a chap from up Blenhiem way.
Acutally when I first saw it I was pretty excited as well.
When I have been down there I am on it just as much as the kids.

But, such a great playground comes at a price. In the first few weeks the kids would regulaly come home and tell us who had fallen and broken a limb this week!

Ah well we are too risk averse any way!! Well this is what I announced at work to which the reply came - "wait until it is one of your kids!!!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment