Saturday, 11 September 2010

High Winds

The Sunday after the 7.1 quake that hit Christchurch there was forecast high winds for the east coast of the South Island and in particular Christchurch and Otago. Well they sure were right. Some of the strongest winds, hurricane force in the hills around Dunedin (Swampy had gusts of over 170km/h). The big windows in our house were cracking and creaking and Alana and I had to go outside and lash down the cover on our outdoor table and then rescue the BBQ which has taken off down the deck with 9kg gas cylinder attached.








We were so glad that we had got down the TV aerial the day before. It had blown off in less severe but still very strong winds the week before. Because of the hight of it I had not been able to detach it from the cable from which it hung. Knowing that the winds were forecast I decided to call for backup!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger