Saturday, 11 September 2010

Earthquake Christchurch South Island NZ

I have done this post for our overseas family and friends mainly.

As you will be aware the international media have given quite a bit of coverage to the quake that hit Christchurch:
Now Canterbury University have put together a graphical representation of the quakes using Google Maps. Have a look at the following Christchurch Quake!

We have family and many friends in Christchurch and have heard from all of them to let us know that apart form some minor damage and being very frightened they are all OK. We live 5 hours away (by car) from Christchurch and we woken by the quake at 04:35 in the morning. We knew it was a big quake and Ann was right to say that where ever it hit it would have caused lots of damage. I mistook it for yet another Fiordland quake. How wrong I was. We listened to the radio immediately after the quake to learn that it had hit one of the main cities of NZ. Something predicted and warned about for years, except no one expected it to be CHCH.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger