It was another beautiful autumnal Canterbury day and, after Church, I announced that four would go cycling. Not "Five Go Cycling!" Unfortunately Ann had to work. Someone has to bring home the bacon.I decided that we would explore McLeans Island. This is about 40km from where we live, out beyond the airport and not far from the Orana Wildlife Park. I managed to cram all 3 mountain bikes, Danielle's bike and the TrailGator into the back of the Odyssey - thank goodness for quick release hubs and seats. We must get a bike rack for it!!
After about 3km of cycling I confessed to the kids that in fact the track (marked in red) was 10km and there was no going back as the circuit is one way - a loop track. After a drink and a snack, to satisfy the smallest member of the party, it was a unanimous decision that we push on. Good on ya kids.
They did really well and Danielle particularly as Daddy got pretty quick on the second half of the track. She sang the whole way and announced how she liked the, "speedy bits ... would (I) go faster!!" The trip was helped by the fact that her peddles were not spinning because at about the 2km mark there was a loud bang as the rear baring passed away on her bike's rear axle

No comments:
Post a Comment