Monday, 28 May 2012

New ladder unusable

A few weeks ago we bought a new ladder, Ann ran over the old one! One of those new fang dangled jobs that contorts into a gazillion different ladders, "all for the low, low price of ..." ok so you get the idea. Well it took so long for me to get round to opening the box that Ann decided to assemble it without me as she had given up waiting. All good as Ann was always better at flat pack furniture than me. The snag was little two year old hands stealing the bolts and "misplacing" them. We looked everywhere and in the end, despite them being a custom bolt, I went to M10 to replace them. On my way home, delighted at my prowess at finding the bolts, washers and lock nuts that, while not exactly the same, would do the job just nicely The thought did occur to me, "what's the bet we find them in the next day or two." Anyway, once home I got the folding contraptable assembled with a minimum of fuss and proudly left it up for Ann to duly admire. Instead all heard was a call to "come here." As I was in the middle of wiring in a bank of four new replacement kitchen light switches I couldn't. Instead I received the following showing what we had searched for, for days, safely stowed by Paige in the very item we were trying to assemble!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger