A few months ago the kids and I discovered a great new MB track up the back of Wakari through a stand of Redwoods. It's a brilliant ride and technically challenging enough of adults but very well designed for family riding.
The first time Sam and I did it alone I nearly returned with one less child. We took the longer section of track home and Sam disappeared on me over a bank and down into a creek bed. He did well to ride out and swore he would never go back.
Last weekend we went back and he completed the same more difficult stretch of downhill, on which he had previously crashed, twice with out incident. Not so me!! I decided that I would have a crack at a log crossing, after all I had mastered the lesser sea-saw so why not have a go at this. A moments hesitation answered that question as I went crashing off into the bush and fell about 4 1/2 feet. Not terribly high I hear you say but it is when you are moving on a bike and wind up entangled in the thing.
Sam was suitable concerned for his ol' da but not so much that he couldn't enjoy the fact that it was me this time and not him. Some damage to the bike and rider but nothing too much.

No comments:
Post a Comment