Sunday, 14 August 2011

The Perfect Storm

Well that's what it has been called. But it is yet to materialise. While we've had a bit of snow there's barely enough to toboggan on although we gave it a good try tonight and certainly had some fun. But it is no where near the heavy snow that was predicted and certainly no where near the severity of what we encountered in CHCH back in July. Perhaps it is yet to come.

Danielle had a good time out in the snow on the trampoline and was out there until sodden and cold. The thunder and lightening caused her to pause a moment but then she carried on happily. Paige was happy to give it a miss this time round.

Ann is at Mercy Hospital tonight. She had a colleague collect her in his car on his way in before the snow really settled and it's a FWD ride home courtesy of Mercy Hospital. If it does not melt over night I will be walking in with my Yak Trax on. It will be the first decent test of them since I got them. Ann thinks I have used them once although I cannot recall it was so long ago.

The snow on the road has been packed down by cars already and as it is very shallow it has become pack ice so chains will be no good.

Photos to follow, if we get some good ones.
Powered By Blogger