Sunday, 7 November 2010

Paige's first steps

Today I went to one of the Italian Film Festival movies with a new friend Roberto Ghidella, needless to say Roberto listened to the dialog while I read the subtitles! What I noticed was really irritating was when ever text was shown in the movie e.g. a text or a letter I would look at the image rather than the subtitles and miss what it was all about!!

That's not the point of this blog. We, the family and me, then joined Roberto and Asta for tea. Asta had made a gnocchi (pasta like dumplings) for us, followed by tuna and double cream cakes (we would call them a rissole) and caponata (rich eggplant based dish with all sorts of veges and some fruit in it), all served with a nice crisp Italian white wine (sorry did not get the name of it). At the end of the meal Alana announced that she had overeaten!! She wasn't the only Donkin feeling like that. How often do you get invited out for authentic Italian cuisine? The kids did really well especially with the caponata which was quite different from anything they have eaten before. Thanks Roberto and Asta for a wonderful meal!!

But, that's not the sole point of this blog either. When I arrived Ann announced that Paige was walking. Now given that when I left to watch the movie with Roberto she was only furniture surfing I was somewhat surprised. Then Alana appeared with the evidence, her camera with a short video. Unfortunately Alana has left her camera at Roberto and Asta's tonight so the videos I have here are of a very tired Paige doing her best to walk. Once I get the video from Alana's camera I will up load that as well. Sure enough she was taking a few steps and looking very pleased with herself, and so she should.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger