This weekend Ann and me along with Paige went to Naseby for a break. This was only made possible because a colleague swapped with me and did my weekend of on-call for me. More importantly wonderful friends, Craig, Hilary and their kids had our three over for the night! Then on Sunday Sal took Alana and Samuel while Danielle visited a friend. THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU GUYS WE ARE SO GRATEFUL!!
We had a great time. For the first time ever we saw the national Bonspiel: where curlers from all over the country gather to play ‘bowls on ice’. We also checked out the ice Luge and I was very spoilt by being able to have a go – for a solid hour. Gunter, who is Latvian, runs the Luge with his Latvian partner. It was great although I, along with a couple of Italians, did not impress him with our crashes and we got told that this was no joke! We were not taking it lightly but I think he has visions of the rescue helicopter turning up as he said to us, “guys, I don’t need any broken bones!” Neither did we as we did our best to take the corners wide and not to be afraid as we were sternly instructed!!
Paige enjoyed meeting Peter and Pippa the two Alpacas that were resident at the Naseby Trail Lodge where we stayed – which we would recommend to any one – it’s a great place.
No comments:
Post a Comment