Tuesday, 18 November 2008

Dad and Samuel time

Recently with Ann at work, Alana at a friends and Danielle at a birthday party it was time for the boys to escape! Years ago I used to be an archer (some of you will know this). A very expensive and time consuming sport that I liken to fly fishing as far as gear and maintaining gear goes. Anyway Samuel and I headed off to the local indoor archery range, AimTru, for some fun.

My one consolation was the staff member who asked if I had "...shot before? " "Ah hem, years ago when I was a student, not for a long time." "You can tell, your technique is still very good." Ego suitably massaged we set about shooting. The targets say it all: the one on the left is mine the image below is Samuels' and well - the bulls eyes are all Samuel's!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Blair and family
its fun to read your blogs and I have been showing them to Sienna who thinks that you had a pretty good life in NZ and would like to say hello.
Hi my Grandpa has told me many wonderful things about you like how I might be close in age to Alana,I am 10 and am in grade 5. I love to read and play soccer. I have a brother that is 6 and a sister that is 8.In school my favourite subjects are math and history.In school we have a program called O.E.E. we do alot of things like climbing,dragon boating ,skating and skiing ,my favourite is climbing .Alot like your family does.Hope I can visit you in NZ some day!
Sienna

Blair D said...

Thanks Sienna - GREAT to get your comment! Alana has been busy lately but we will get her to reply to you via the blog soon. Thanks for reading the blog.

Blair D said...

Hi Sienna
It's Alana here Sorry I didn't get back to you for awhile. Sounds like you have fun over there. I also like reading I am 10 and year 6. I play the Flute and tennis. I have a brother that's 8 and a sister that's 4. I hope to see you one day - either here or there!

Alana

Anonymous said...

Hi Alana
It would be great if we could be like penpals!!I just started to play the guitar.When is your birhtday?Mine is on the 8 of febuary in 1998.Do you have a e-mail address if so then that is how we can talk.If not then on this blog would be fine. Karissa my sister would like to meet you to....

Hi Alana

my name is karissa im going to turn nine in april.Im in grade 3 and would love to meet you!!I love to come to grandmas and bake with her.I love ART and hate my brother!Ilove school my faviorite subjects are Math,language arts, Unit of inquiry,spelling,pe and spanish.I play soccer,love to swimand skate.I cant wait to meet you!!!

Karissa

Powered By Blogger