It has been a while since we have updated you all due to how busy we have been, nothing new to those of you reading - I am sure life is no different for you!
Ann and Alana have recently been down to Dunedin to help out brother John with his new property. I have spent the last fortnight preparing an application and new CV for a position I was applying for and then a lengthy written submission required after the application was received.
Just last week Ann had commented about how we still had all the kids old clothes from when they were much younger. While we have made ourselves available for further fostering we have not heard from CYF or Open Homes during the past year. Ann wondered if we should finally throw out the clothes. I hesitated. saying, "...well...lets just wait and see... you never know." Wednesday last week, when preparing for my Friday interview, I had thought about how we had not heard and thought to myself "...well, if we are not needed we are not needed."
Then the day before the interview we get a call from CYF asking if we can assist with the emergency placement of two children (sisters aged 3 & 5) that day! It all worked out so well as I had the Thursday afternoon off to prepare for the interview leaving me free that evening and Ann had the following day, the Friday, off due to her new roster. I was also free for the Friday afternoon after the interview.
So, now we are a family of 7!! All in all the kids have adjusted well, the two who have come to stay (Macey and Erica) and our three. Samuel was worried about how we would manage and was particularly concerned for Ann and the expense (he amazes us with what he thinks/worries about). Interestingly he has taken a real shine to the youngest of the girls Erica - and loves to play with her.

1 comment:
Wow - so many questions to ask you - maybe I should just Skype! take all of you!
Post a Comment